Data, security and confidentiality measures - CSB portal
Secure access to our web portal
- The HADDOCK server does support https access, which ensures encryption of all transferred data
Computing data retention policies
- The data submitted by a user are hosted for the duration of the computations on the Linux file system. So are the results. Results are automatically deleted after two weeks.
- Data are not encrypted on our file system (not compatible with the computations performed).
- No local backups are made on our system and it is the responsibility of the user to properly download/store data.
- http log files are kept for a maximum of four weeks for security purposes and to be able to react on hacking attempts.
User data collection
- We collect information from you when you register on our site.
- When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name and/or e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site without registering. When not registered or not logged in, certain parts of the web portal will be inaccessible due to privacy concerns.
- You can at any time cancel your subscription and delete your user data you visiting our registration page. This will automatically cancel your access to our services.
- Collected information may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience - your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs
- To improve our site - we continually strive to improve our site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you
- To send periodic emails - the email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications of jobs status, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). These cookies enable the site to recognize your browser and, if you have a registered account, associate it with your registered account.
Third party links
Several scientific web services have been connected to our services to enhance the information processing and analysis. Third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. We do not send, without your agreement, any information to those services. Any usage of them is made at your own responsibility.
Confidentiality and Intellectual Property
- Any data submitted by a user is treated as confidential and remains the intellectual property of the user.
- The output is also the intellectual property of the user. Since it is generated automatically, with no creative step, we consider that the University of Utrecht has no rights in it
- Access to data might be granted to the CSB support team if specific support is requested by the submitter.
- We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
This document is CC-BY-SA 4.0. It was last updated May 23, 2018.